Recipe For Slow Cooker Chicken Mole
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 12)
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stemmed
- 4 large chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (feel free to just use the whole can)
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place them in the slow cooker.
- 2. Place all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend on high until you have a smooth consistency, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour the sauce into the slow cooker and mix with the chicken.
- 4. Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.