Derick & Jill | Oct 7, 2020 | 51
Recipe For CARNE ASADA STREET TACOS
CARNE ASADA STREET TACOS
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak*
- 12 corn tortillas
For the Marinade
- 3 limes, juiced (if your limes aren’t particularly juicy, add another one)
- 1 orange, juiced
- ¼ C. oil (I used olive oil)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped (remove vien and seeds if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chile powder (I like chipotle chili powder)
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- several grinds of fresh black pepper
- ¾ C. chopped fresh cilantro (about a large handful)
Garnish – choose what you like
- chopped cilantro
- diced white onions (grilled onions would be yummy too!)
- lime wedges
- avocado slices
- pico de gallo
- crumbled Cotija cheese or Queso Fresco
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
- Put steak and marinade in zip lock bag and let steak marinate for a few hours.
- Remove steak from marinade. Grill steak to desired doneness (preferably medium rare).
- Remove from grill and let steak rest a bit, then slice against grain into thin strips.
- Fill warmed corn tortillas (use two per taco) with some steak, top with additional cilantro, onions and squeeze of lime.
*I bought “carne asada” steak at a local Mexican market. It’s sliced very thin and cooks up quick! You can use flank or skirt steak. Adjust cooking time according to thickness of steak.
For a more non-traditional street taco add other toppings like avocado, cheese or pico de gallo. If you want more spice top with your favorite hot sauce.
Recipe and Photo: http://www.imbored-letsgo.com/carne-asada-street-tacos/
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.