Voeller Salad Dressing Recipe

Voeller Salad Dressing Recipe

The Voeller family visited my family many years ago and made many delicious, healthy dishes. The two eldest daughters created a cookbook several years ago (“From the Kitchen of Two Sisters”) with lots of their recipes. This is one we really love. It goes well on salads, potatoes, pasta and more!

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1 C. light olive oil

3 T. Dijon mustard

2 T. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, tamari, or soy sauce

2 T. honey

2 T. lemon juice

1 T. thyme

1/2 t. pepper

Wisk or blend all ingredients and serve.

Note: Blending all ingredients in the blender helps them not separate quite as distinctly later, providing a better taste overall.

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

I love a good salad dressing! I will use this for sure the next time I make pasta salad. Thank you Jill.

2. Marie

Love your salad dressing! I’ve heard you received some backlash for this dressing being unhealthy. I will have you know. This recipe is very healthy. That’s old school thinking. Keep up people!

3. Christina

Sounds simple and looks like a vinaigrette!

4. Brandon

how did this make it on fox news lol …you keep doing you Jill. To many silly people out there

5. Marilyn lEe

You will only use 1-2 T on a salad. Get real. Sounds good to me. @cantstopcooking

6. Rosetta Dodd

Awesome job! Thank you for homemade. I appreciate it.

7. Cindy

Sounds Yummy Jill thank you for sharing will try

8. Bob

Eliminate the soy sauce, honey and lemon juice. Add some vinegar and white wine to the other ingredients and you have a Nicoise salad dressing.

9. Katie

It looks so yummy! I am going to try it with my six kids tomorrow! Thank you!

10. Karrie

This sounds so good. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!! I think my family will love it.

11. Kerri

If you put everything but the oil in a food processor and whir it together, and then slowly add the oil while the machine is spinning, you can get a true emulsion where all of the flavor is suspended in the oil. It can also be done with a whisk if you have the fortitude.

12. Goldie

Looks great.. Don’t understand how some are calling this unhealthy or gross. You use a small amount of dressing per serving, the sodium isn’t even comparable to the levels in packaged dressing! Love your blog and family jill!! I think your family should try lifestyle vlogging on youtube!! You guys seem so great!

13. Kate

Does T mean teaspoon or tablespoon? Apologies if I’m being really stupid, Jill.

T = Tablespoon
      t = teaspoon

Thanks Kate. 🙂

14. Cyndi

I read about this in the news, and it lead me to this page. I am so sorry that you are receiving so my trash talk from sharing this recipe!!!!! People are so mean!!!! Anyways, I think it looks delicious and can’t wait to try it! Thank you for sharing! As far as all of the sodium trash talk, how much of this are they using??? It’s not meant to drink the entire bottle, that is why its called a dressing!!!! SHEESH people!!!! Find a hobby!!

15. Daniel B.

This is amazing. I tried it because it look simple and sounded delicious. It is exactly that, Delicious. I used in on a salad for lunch and then a baked potato at dinner. I also used a low sodium soy sauce. I am going to try it on steam broccoli tonight. Thanks for the share! I will be keeping this one in my fridge.

16. Michelle Striegel

It’s excellent… It looks versatile.. You can add or remove what you don’t like or can’t have.. Love it.. Keep it up and never let anyone else tell you otherwise.. Blessings

17. linda

why would anyone have a problem with this recipe….it looks great and won’t give you a “grabber” for pete sake

18. Vicky

I actually can’t believe you are being vilified over a salad dressing. Rise above it Jill and keep sharing. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos which you mention first is sold in my local health food store? It must be a slow news day. God Bless!

• BECKY M.

The Duggars and anyone connected to them are vilified if they so much as sneeze into the wrong handkerchief. I can’t understand why people who don’t like them, take time out of their day to criticize. The internet is loaded with Duggar “snark” websites and blogs. It seems so foolish to me! The Duggars are great and I hope they keep doing what they’re doing for a long time! 🙂

19. Bruce Branz

The liberals are going nuts over a non salt issue. I am 74 with HBP and have no problem with a little salt. For God’s sake, nobody is going to drink the whole cup at once. Use but a tablespoon on your salad. I have not tried this yet. I have been making Sauce Gribiche for my salads. It is pure delish ! ! Your’s is next ! !