Derick & Jill | Oct 7, 2020 | 51
Recipe For Pupusas de Frijoles
Pupusas de Frijoles
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups masa harina, commonly sold as the brand name “maseca”
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup refried beans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for hands
1. Combine masa harina, salt, cumin and water in a mixing bowl until smooth; knead well.
2. Cover with a towel and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly oil your hands and form 4 balls with the dough.
4. Pat each ball with your hands and form 4 disks, then with your thumb, shape each one into cups.
5. Fill each cup with ¼ cup of refried beans and seal.
6. Flatten by patting each cup to form disks again, but now with filling inside.
7. Cook each pupusa over a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high, 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Recipe and photo: www.theflamingvegan.com
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.