Recipe For Nepali Momo and Sauce
- 40 to 45 momos (4 to 5 servings)
Momo Chutney Sauce Recipe
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Sichuan / black peppercorns – 8-10 nos
- Green Chillies – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- White sesame seeds- 3 tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup / 2 medium size
- Salt- to taste
- Add Oil in a pan.
- Once heated add Sichuan peppercorns 8-10 nos. This will give a slight fiery taste to the chutney. You can also substitute this with black peppercorns.
- Now add in the split green chillies- this will depend on how spicy you want the chutney to be.
- Add in 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Make sure the powder does not burn.
- Add in the 3 tsp sesame seeds.
- Saute until golden brown. Keep the flame low as sesame seeds will burn if oil is too hot. Also keep a lid handy (just in case) as it can sputter everywhere.
- Add in 1 cup tomatoes (2 medium sized)
- Lastly add the salt according to taste.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 mins until the tomatoes are softened.
- Add this to the blender and blend to a paste. Alternatively, you could use a stick blender to blend.
- The Momo chutney is ready.Serve with steamed momos.
Momo Sauce Recipe:
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.