Derick & Jill | Oct 7, 2020 | 51
Easy Slow-Cooker Lime and Cilantro Beans
- 3 cups dry beans (rinsed; I normally use black beans, but others work fine too)
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3-4 limes (squeezed)
- Rinse the beans (don’t forget to check for rocks!) and put in slow-cooker with water.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. (Cook time may vary for other types of beans.)
- After beans are cooked, add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, or enjoy solo!
Family Note: Israel LOVES these beans! He helps me wash and sort through them, then after they’re done he wants them for every meal till the leftovers run out, breakfast included! lol
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.