Hummus Recipe

Hummus Recipe

This hummus recipe is another one of our favorites!  I’ve adapted it from our friend’s cookbook (The Two Sisters Cookbook). It’s pretty simple, super tasty & cheap!

Makes about 2 cups

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup water

1 garlic clove

1 T. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

2 (15.5oz) cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained

Combine everything EXCEPT chickpeas in blender. Blend for 10 seconds. Add drained chickpeas and blend until smooth.

Hummus is delicious when served as a spread on tortillas or bagels, or it can be used as a dip with pretzels, vegetables or chips.

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

1. Holly

My family loves hummus! Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been meaning to look for a hummus recipe because I have two jars of garbanzo beans I canned earlier this year specifically for hummus. Thank you Jill!

3. Brandy

Thank for sharing! I’ve been meaning to look for a homemade version and this looks easy to follow!

4. Kristine Nelson

Looks yummy. I have been looking for a hummus recipe. Can’t wait to try it.

5. Margaret

This looks great! A lot like my own recipe…..except I add a bit of sesame oil.

• ELIZABEth

Ooh…sesame oil changes so many dishes from great to completely, amazingly addicting. Good call.

6. Elizabeth

I haven’t made hummus in yeeears. Like, over a decade. This has just inspired me to begin making it again. It looks delicious! Thank you!

7. Patricia Carnie

But you’re missing the Tahini (Sesame seed paste). Try putting some of that in your Hummus next time and I think you’ll love it even more.

8. Angie

I made this today and it was wonderful, although I did have to add a little more water to get it to come together smoothly.