Refreshing Chicken Salad

Refreshing Chicken Salad

This makes a super yummy summer lunch! The freshly squeezed lemon sets this chicken salad off, giving it its amazing flavor!

1 can chicken (12.5oz., drained)

3-4 T mayo

salt (to taste)

pepper (to taste)

1 lemon* (squeeze lemon, making sure to include some pulp too!)

Mix all ingredients together except lemon juice. Add lemon juice 1 tablespoon at a time until desired flavor (I like A LOT of lemon juice!). Serve over a bed of lettuce, as a sandwich, or with crackers for a tasty snack!

*Note: Bottled lemon juice works too, but freshly squeezed is preferred!

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

This looks really good Jill! When it’s practical, I can my own chicken for chicken salad. I like to add chopped celery for that extra crunch!

Regina,
      Yeah, feel free to add whatever you want to your salad! I like celery too, but it’s not my hubby’s favorite, so we usually don’t add it to our recipes. 🙂

• Granny Annie

sweet pickle relish added makes it taste a little bit different, but yummy

2. Kim

I often buy the rotisserie chicken for things like this. It is great when you can find it marked down. I had a similar chicken salad that had pecans added.

Kim,
      Yes! I found a rotisserie chicken a few weeks ago for like 2.50! I’m checking the fridge section at the store more now! Pecans sound yummy.

• Regina Shea

Jill and Kim you both have me wanting rotisserie chicken now! LOL!

• Kimberly Copeland

If you happen to go to Walmart after 7, they usually mark down the Rotisserie Chickens…

• Kim

You can usually find the Rotisserie Chickens marked down in the refrigerated section at Walmart. Or, sometimes after 8pm in the Hot Box.

3. Elizabeth

No no no you know how many preservatives you’re putting in the chicken salad? Use fresh organic chicken, cook, dice or cube, add fresh celery and a few tablespoons of mayo as much as to make the consistency you prefer add salt and pepper to taste and you’re done almost no carb chicken salad. Add lemon juice to individual for you’re own preference. It doesn’t take long to do and much healthier to eat.

4. Lori kelly

Jill, cranberries add an extra zing too. I like them in salads as well. Can you email me and I’ll share some West Virginia recipes:-). I had 3 boys❤️

Yum!! I love cranberries and cranberry bread too! I’ll email you and you can send me some recipes…or feel free to send me a message at our “contact us” page! <3

• Brandi

I love cranberries or diced apple in mine with walnuts or pecans.

5. Teresa chaure

Never thought of adding lemon juice…..great idea!

6. Sherie

This is a perfect quick, yummy, lunch. I served it to my four children growing up and now my granddaughter loves it. Thanks Jill

7. Jamie Jones

I shared this reciepe and product at bible study ladt night! Thank you jill!

Yay! I’m glad you enjoyed it! 🙂