Homemade Chicken Bone Broth
Anyone else love bone broth?! I’ve heard it’s pretty healthy. Here’s how I make mine.
(1) leftover chicken (take all the meat off). Throw the bones in a big pot.
(2) cover bones with water
(3) add a few Tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice (something acidic)
(4) bring to boil
(5) reduce to simmer (low heat) and simmer for 4-24 hours (depends on how much time I’ve got…or how long I want the house to smell delicious! Ha!)
(6) scoop out big bones
(7) strain broth for small pieces
(8) I usually freeze mine or keep in the fridge to use for a few days. You can add whatever seasonings you want. I usually do add some chicken seasoning for more flavor or if I’m making a soup it will already have lots of flavor. The best is making homemade chicken and dumplings!
Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.